Event: Philippine BlogCon 2006
Date: September 25, 2006
Where: National Sports Grill, Greenbelt 3, Makati
UPDATE: Greenbelt 3’s National Sports Grill was packed with bloggers as the first ever Philippine BlogCon kicked off. It was a lot of fun meeting the person/people behind the blogs. I wasnt able to talk to ALL of the bloggers present due to one reason or another but i had a blast with regulars such as Bimbo, Rico, Jayvee and Abe, Noemi. I also got to meet some old friends from peyups.com like Mimi and Karl plus meeting Mike, AJ, Jun, Dax and Juned. Pisay96 batchmates Markku and Joey were also present (Joey, ung business natin ah *wink* Bagal ni Maku eh).
Less about Globe, More about the bloggers this time around since it was Abe, Jayvee, Noemi and Marc who spoke about the different aspects of blogging. But what does Globe-Innove get out of this? i wonder….
Unfortunately, it seems like some attendees felt left out due to not knowing anybody present or not having an opportunity to know the other attendees.
THIS IS WHAT I PROPOSE FOR THE NEXT BLOGCON/MEET/WHATEVER:
1. Globe sponsored or not, lets make it more about the individual bloggers. Make it more personal. Hell, ask each and every blogger to go up freakin stage (or maybe just in their seats) and present their blogs and introduce themselves to the other attendees if need be. I would. Heck, id just love explaining to non gamers/cardfloppers/wwe fans/nba/fans what in the hell am i blogging about….
“Hi, my name is Kiven and i blog whatever im interested in at the moment. Yes? Adsense revenue? talk to Yuga. What? Profit sharing? Wrong blog, my friend. Yessir, i do blog because i enjoy doing it and not to earn (at least on my personal one). If it DOES earn something then ill treat that as a bonus. What no more questions? Oh Kaye Abad in Maxim? youre in the right place…”
2. While showing off your blog, i suggest that its also a good time to ask specific members of the group tips on how to improve this on how to improve that. Adsense positioning tips. It doesnt have to be anything formal, mas ok pa nga ata pag kwentuhan lang kse mas relaxed mga tao.
3. Allot more time or make it a non corporate sponsored thing. Dutch kung kelangan. Sa kwentuhan lang madami ka mapupulot na bagong ideas. or madami ka makukuhang bagong mga kaibigan.
Note that this is just the first BlogCon, Many more will follow. Im looking forward to the next installment.
Link Love: Leave a comment if i forgot to add you…Sorry…as Noemi said: “blame it on old age”. hehe
- Abe Olandres
- Peter Juan
- Randy Nivales
- Bimbo Isidro
- Rico Mossesgeld(Sorry bro, “Old Age” LOL.)
- Kevin Codamon
- Jayvee Fernandez
- Juned Sonido
- Noemi Lardizabal-Dado
- Sonnie Santos
- Jennifer Velasco (Globe Innove)
- Joey Climaco
- Retz Ruiz
- Marco “The Site Guy” Palinar
- Ade Magnaye
- Noel Bautista
- Mike Abundo
- Jun Asis
- Mimi and Karl
- Markku (link mo ko! balitaan m ako sa peyups)
Thanks to Marc: the SEO King himself, for his blog optimization and monetization tips which i already incorporated to the site. This event is open to all bloggers. Courtesy of Innove (again). Via Abe and Jayvee. Register here.