A official fix is in the works for an issue that is causing iOS sequel Infinity Blade 2 to crash on some iOS devices, publisher Epic has announced.
This Infinity Blade 2 crash bug is mostly facing on iPad 1, and iPod touch while running Infinity Blade II due to out of memory. There had been installed large number of apps in iOS so cache memory is full. Check it out the running app with home button.
Infinity Blade 2 Crash Quick Fix/WorkAround: Restart Device then play infinity Blade 2.
Another Infinity Blade Crash Fix that iOs owners can try: CONFIRMED. IT WORKS!
1) You could have Hard reset: Just turn the device off and on again
2) Start the game, after the logo the opening cinematics will start , now immediately press the home button twice to open the multitasking bar.
3) Leave the multitasking bar open, until the cinematics is finished and a black screen will appear. Wait for another 20-30 seconds.
4) Close the multitasking bar by touching the black screen.
5) Infinity Blade 2 will start.
A post from Epic VP Mark Rein on the publisher’s forums explained that the game is running out of memory on iPhones and iPads that are “heavily laden” with apps. “For example if you have a large number of apps installed iOS must cache all those icons to give you smooth performance when you hit the home button,” he explained.
“Unfortunately the machines we tested on didn’t have massive numbers of apps installed on them so we think this how we think we missed this particular condition.”
Rein added that a “quick fix” will be available “as soon as possible”.
“One more thing,” he added. “When apps run of memory at loading time that is something that is often fixed by restarting your device. So I recommend that people try restarting their device to see if that solves it for them.
“I say this because the game runs fine on my iPad1 which I restarted before playing the game.”
The Chair-developed slice ’em up arrived on the App Store late last night to critical and App STore Success.