Bethesada has released the source codes for both Wolfenstein 3D Classic Platinum & DOOM Classic!
What’s new in the 2.1 update? Here’s the rundown…
- Universal apps with iPad and Retina Display support
- Revised user interface with a re-mastered HUD and all new menu art
- Re-mastered sound from the original MIDI source files
- Original cover art splash images
- Locked 60 fps for Wolfenstein 3D Classic Platinum/Lite (improved framerate on all devices)
- In App Purchase in Wolfenstein 3D Classic Lite to purchase the full game (Platinum Pack)
- Wolfenstein 3D Classic Platinum/Lite now under the Apple 20MB download cap for 3G
- Optimized for the iPad 2 (re-compiled under iOS 4.x with XCode 4.x)
- Assorted bugfixes
- Removed multiplayer support (currently broken due to iOS 3 and iOS 4 releases). MP will be re-released at a later date in a more robust fashion.
If you haven’t picked up these John Carmack classics for your iOS device, get them via the links below:
Wolfenstein 3D Classic Lite — Free!
Wolfenstein Classic Platinum — $1.99
DOOM Classic — $6.99