Out There, the space survival sim with shades of FTL, is now available on iOS and Android.
We managed to get our hands on the game and i must say that it does remind me of FTL but with less interactive “encounters” and more focus on resource management than FTL. It is a lot of fun and i think those who like space sims or management sims will like this colorful and flavorful game. For those asking, you’re basically a lost astronaut trying to find your way back to Earth and you travel from star system to star system in the hopes of acquiring needed materials for your journey or new technology to augment or replace your current tools. Out There also reminds me of Star Trek: Voyager. I managed to reach the straightforward ending (there are other endings) after a few tries but Out There is definitely a game that you replay over and over again. Plus you can play it in spurts and on the go. Great Game.
Download on Google PLay: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.miclos.google.games.outthere
Download on the AppStore: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id799471892?at=10lubN
You are an astronaut awaking from cryonics not in the solar system, but… out there… in a far and unknown place of the galaxy. In Out There, you will have to survive, tinkering your ship with what you can gather drifting in the void, and spot garden planets to refill your oxygen supply.
Space is an hostile place ; dangerous and mysterious adventures will mark each step of your travel. You will not only meet intelligent species that won’t care about you, but also deal with ancient powers linked to your destiny and the fate of mankind itself.
Survival and understanding of what is really at stake in the galaxy is the core of what Out There has to offer.
Out There Features:
• Google Game Services : 50 achievements, 1 leaderboard
• A dark and melancholic, hard sci-fi adventure
• Explore a freshly procedurally-generated galaxy every new game
• 300+ multiple choices handwritten game book adventures
• Epic main storyline with 3 different endings
• 8 spaceships with different specs to discover
• Crafting system with 20 alien technologies built from 15 materials
• Engage with alien life forms and learn their language
• No combat ! It’s you against the environment
• Eerie score by award-winning composer Siddartha Barnhoom
• Fantastic pulp comics graphics
• High replay value
Developed by Mi-Clos Studio
Code + Art : Michael Peiffert
Design + Writing : FibreTigre
Music + Sound : Siddhartha Barnhoorn
PR + CM : Thibaut Mereu