Sony has unveiled a full spec sheet for the Vita, which is due out in Japan on 17th December.
What about Battery life? Good thing you asked as Sony PlayStation Vita’s battery will gives you between three and five hours of gameplay. Ouch. That extends to five hours of video playback or nine hours of music playback, if used in standby mode. It’ll take approximately two hours and 40 minutes to charge from empty. Not exactly enough for a roadtrip but at least it charges quite fast.
Check out the full technical specs of the Sony Playstation Vita:
- Model number: PCH-1000 series
- CPU: ARM® Cortex™-A9 core (4 core)
- GPU: SGX543MP4+
- Main memory: 512MB
- VRAM: 128MB
- External Dimensions: Approx. 182.0 x 18.6 x 83.5mm (width x height x depth) (tentative, excludes largest projection)
- Weight Approx: 279g (3G/Wi-Fi model), 260g (Wi-Fi model)
- Screen: 5 inches (16:9), 960 x 544, Approx. 16 million colors, OLED, Multi touch screen (capacitive type)
- Rear touch pad: Multi touch pad (capacitive type)
- Cameras: Front camera, Rear camera; Frame rate: 120fps@320×240(QVGA), 60fps@640×480(VGA); Resolution: Up to 640×480(VGA)
- Sound: Built-in stereo speakers, built-in microphone
- Sensors: Six-axis motion sensing system (three-axis gyroscope, three-axis accelerometer), Threeaxis electronic compass
- Location: Built-in GPS (3G/Wi-Fi model only), Wi-Fi location service support
- Keys/Switches: PS button, power button, directional buttons (Up/Down/Right/Left), action buttons (Triangle, Circle, Cross, Square), shoulder buttons (Right/Left), right stick, left stick, START button, SELECT button, volume buttons (+/-)
- Wireless communications: Mobile network connectivity (3G/Wi-Fi model only), 3G modem (data communication): HSDPA/HSUPA *specification for Japanese region, IEEE 802.11b/g/n (n = 1×1)(Wi-Fi) (Infrastructure mode/Ad-hoc mode), Bluetooth® 2.1+EDR ?A2DP/AVRCP/HSP?
- Slots/Ports: PlayStation®Vita card slot, memory card slot, SIM card slot (3G/Wi-Fi model only), multi-use port (for USB data communication, DC IN, Audio [Stereo Out / Mono In], Serial data communication), headset jack (Stereo mini jack) (for Audio [Stereo Out / Mono In]), accessory port
- Power: Built-In Lithium-ion Battery: DC3.7V 2200mA, AC adaptor: DC 5V
- Operating environment temperature: 5??35?
- Supported AV content format: Music – MP3 MPEG-1/2 Audio Layer 3, MP4 (MPEG-4 AAC), WAVE (Linear PCM). Videos – MPEG-4 Simple Profile (AAC), H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High/Main/Baseline Profile (AAC). Photos – JPEG (Exif 2.2.1), TIFF, BMP, GIF, PNG
The system will ship with a USB cable, AC adaptor and power chord. 4, 8, 16 and 32GB memory cards will be available separately. I want one NOW SONY!!!! =)