Starcraft 2 has been officially unveiled at Blizzard’s Worldwide Invitational Tournament in Korea. OMGWTF…..well, you know the rest. Check out the sweeet Starcraft 2 screenshots below:
More Starcraft 2 info and links after the jump. BTW This post got me thinking – Starcraft 2 WordPress Theme anyone? =)
Starcraft 2 Features:
* Fast-paced, hard-hitting, tightly balanced competitive real-time strategy gameplay that recaptures and improves on the magic of the original game
* Three completely distinct races: Protoss, Terran, and Zerg
* New units and gameplay mechanics further distinguish each race
* Groundbreaking single-player “story-mode” campaign
* Vibrant new 3D-graphics engine with support for dazzling visual effects and massive unit and army sizes
* Full multiplayer support, with new competitive features and matchmaking utilities available through Battle.net
* Full map-making and scripting tools to give players incredible freedom in customizing and personalizing their gameplay experience
Zerglings: Yes, we know, the Zerglings aren’t new, but they do get a new ability in StarCraft 2. Each one of these little monsters can be ordered to enter a brief transition state, mutating into suicidal bombs. In the bomb state, Zerglings roll across the landscape and take on a greenish hue, and prove particularly deadly.
Reapers: These guys look a little like Marines, but carry dual machine pistols and function differently. Since StarCraft 2 uses the same kind of tiered maps as in the original, you still need to move units up or down ramps to reach each level of the battlefield. Reapers have jump jets allowing them to hop down or up a tier, making them effective tools for exploiting weak spots in an elevated base.