You know why im such a big Atlus fan? Its because they bring those addictive japanese action/strategy rpgs to english speaking gamers, thats why!
Odin Sphere is the new fantasy action RPG from the publishers of Disgaea, Makai Kingdom and Atelier Iris 2. Check out those gorgeous hand drawn graphics. Who says 2D is dead? bah.
The nation of Valentine was once a grand kingdom with powerful magic. With the power of a magical relic known as the “Cauldron,” King Valentine subdued the neighboring nations and brought them under his control. His kingdom enjoyed a long period of prosperity… but a sudden disaster destroyed it overnight. War broke out between the Fairy Kingdom of Ringford and the warrior nation of Ragnanival over ownership of the now-abandoned Cauldron, and control of the wasteland that was once Valentine. With the battle growing fiercer by the day, Demon Lord Odin, King of Ragnanival, sets forth a plan to conquer Ringford and claim the Cauldron once and for all. Meanwhile, in the neutral realm of Titania, King Edmund had become a puppet king of his court sorcerer Urzur, who schemes to follow a forgotten prophecy and bring about the Armageddon; a prophecy stating that the world will be destroyed in five great disasters, but the survivors will become kings…
As the nations struggle for control, the world steadily slips unknowingly toward its demise, and the prophecies become clear…
Odin Sphere Key Features:
* Gorgeous hand-drawn artwork and animations!
* Intense side-scrolling action with astonishing attacks and magic effects!
* Fully-voiced dialogue that heightens the drama!
* Fantastic bosses that tower over the protagonists !
* Five playable characters in all; each one’s fate is intertwined with the others’!
* A robust cooking and alchemy system that can be used to create powerful attack and recovery items!