Honey Lee aka Lee Ha-nui – Miss Korea 2007.
Honey Lee competed in the 50th Miss Korea pageant, wherein she won. She graduated from the Seoul National University after taking up Korean traditional music. The pageant is hosted by The Korea Times. Miss Korea’s interpreter did a poor job by translating her last sentence as: â€œI wish I had superpowers so that my wallet would never dry upâ€, while in reality she said â€œI wish I had superpowers so that my wallet would never dry up, so that I could always keep on helping other people. Many believe the meaning of her answer was indeed dramatically changed, which might have cost her the title, she could have taken it all.
* Lee plays the gayageum, a Korean zither-like musical instrument.
* Lee has always wanted to be engaged in missionary work, which she emphasized in her answer to her final question.
* Lee ended Korea’s nineteen-year drought, which was 1988. Coincidentally, both delegates made it into the Top 5, with only the previous placer, Yunchung Chong, winning 1st runner-up
* For all the contestant’s entrance (in the Miss Universe 2007) wearing their national costumes, Lee wore the female hanbok (the national costume of her country) reminiscent of the style of the recent 2006 KBS drama Hwang Jin-i. She was also carrying a janggu with her when she wore her costume.
* When she was asked what superpower would she wish to possess, she answered that she would wish for a wallet that never runs out of money in order to support her desire to participate in missionary work.